What is Restorative Yoga? It is a profoundly nourishing and rejuvenating self-care practice of conscious relaxation in supported yoga postures. It creates an opportunity for healing on many levels: physical, neurological, energetic, and psychological.
What will you learn in this course? All sessions are available to students and teachers alike. You will learn the essential theories and science of restorative yoga. All theory will be accompanied by a full experiential practice. As a yoga teacher, you will also have one more modality to share with your students. They will be so appreciative!
- Learn lifelong skills that will help to prevent and manage stress, fatigue and exhaustion
- Learn how to nourish and renew your entire mind and body system in 10 to 90 minutes
- Gain the immediate benefit of in class experiential sessions with the competent guidance of Kristine Whittle and her assistant
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of 24 key supported postures that can be integrated into one’s self-care practice
Yoga teachers will:
- Learn the science behind how our bodies renew themselves
- Learn how to integrate restorative practices into yoga and other healing modalities
- Gain 18 Yoga Alliance CE hours
- Confidently teach a full restorative yoga class
- Guide the room and facilitate deep rest with precise verbal cues
- Learn many modifications and different ways to apply the props
- Learn hands-on therapeutic adjustments to gift your students with greater ease and release in the postures
What materials will you get?
Receive a 22pg. PDF manual, with photographic illustrations and supplemental handouts on opening day of the training. These resources can be applied to developing a simple home routine or used as a guide for yoga teachers in their future classes.
Props Required: Please note that a full set of props are REQUIRED for this training (1 bolster, 2 blankets, 2 blocks, 1 strap)
NOTE – Students can buy a full gently used set of props for $30 from Derik – email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your set of yoga props!
Additional materials required:
- A yoga mat,
- Pen and notepad
- An eye pillow or washcloth
- Warm layers and socks
Denver Yoga Underground is exceedingly grateful to host, Kristine Whittle E-RYT 500, a veteran Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (Level I&II) teacher for the past 10 years.
Kristine Whittle: Kristine started teaching yoga in Denver in 2002. As a formerly Certified Anusara Yoga instructor she draws upon her detailed understanding of postural alignment and balanced energetic and muscular action. Her astute ability to read the body has also been informed by her massage therapy training, kinesiology, Body-Mind Centering, Alexander technique, Feldenkrais, Pilates and extensive dance background.
Kristine’s teaching style has been described as generous, well-informed, gentle, encouraging, and compassionate. She aims to strike a balance between precise instruction and space for her students to breathe into and deeply enjoy their practice. Kristine regularly offers Workshops, Teacher Trainings and Retreats throughout Colorado.
Derik Eselius: DYU’s founder and director will be assisting at this workshop. His yoga journey started in 1991 with an off chance trip to India, just after high school. He regards Baba Hari Dass, whom he met on that first trip to India, and Yogarupa Rod Stryker as his primary teachers, after many years of study under their guidance. He has been teaching full time since 2001.
Dates and Times:
Fri. Aug. 28th, 6:00pm-9pm
Sat. Aug. 29th, 9:30am-4:30pm (1 hour lunch break from 12:30-1:30)
Sun. Aug. 30th, 9:30am-4:30pm (1 hour lunch break from 12:30-1:30)
NOTE – Zoom Link provided upon registration!
Pay What You Can! PWYC is an equitable format that allows everyone to participate and honor the wisdom, commitment, and dedication of the teachers. Here is how it works…
Option #1: Pay in Full at Market Value: Some people would rather just have it all settled before the workshop gets started. If that’s the case, you can pay the market value of $250 for the entire 18 hr. workshop in advance.