In many respects, yoga teacher training is a journey into the unknown. People may anticipate a training for years and contemplate what it will be like. They consider how it will enrich their practice and what it would be like to teach yoga. Students anticipate how their body will become more open, or the benefit […]
You searched ‘Yoga in Denver’ and we came up. Maybe you heard of Denver Yoga Underground on the street. Or perhaps you want to be an instructor and came to research yoga teacher training.
Others come here to sign up for one of our Pay What You Can workshops, retreats, or classes. One thing is pretty certain, you definitely want more than “just the asana” and appreciate yoga as a greater and holistic system.
Welcome to Denver Yoga Underground:
- Practice in a welcoming and low key environment with like minded, yet diverse group of peers
- Study teachings that are rooted in history and tradition
- Deepen as a student and teacher of yoga
- Agents of Good Awards for Social Workers and School Teachers for Yoga Teacher Training
- New to Denver? Looking for your yoga tribe? You may have just found it.
Just a bit about me:
My name is Derik Eselius. I founded Denver Yoga Underground back in 2003 at the request of students who wanted to take a deep dive.
Personally, I was introduced to yoga on a rogue trip to India in 1991. I learned classical practices (asana, pranayama, meditation, fasting, silence and more) and had life changing experiences. Insight number one: I had no idea is was possible to feel so good!
“I had no idea that it was possible to feel so good!”
Over the ensuing decades, I studied a great deal of asana with world renowned teachers and with a few home-grown favorites as well. Namaste Perry! I’ve also completed multiple 200 hour and 300 hour yoga teacher trainings with globally recognized instructors, including Baba Hari Dass.
The Denver Yoga Underground is a reflection of my best understanding of how to share classical yoga in contemporary society in a way that is both equitable and sustainable.
Here’s how we do it:
- Community & Celebration
- o Holiday celebrations
o Open houses
o Blog & video
- Two to Three Hr. Workshops
- o Gong baths
o Partner events
o Yoga teacher clinics
o Master classes
- Workshops & Retreats
- o Guest teachers
o Mountain retreats
o Continuing ed.
o Classic yoga study
o Leading content
- Yoga Teacher Training
- o Premier offering
o Seasoned teachers
o Learn to teach
The Denver Yoga Underground is a safe and welcoming haven for people who:
- Are dedicated to the journey
- Open to self-discovery and spiritual growth
- Want to become more integrated and to live more skillfully in the world
- Have genuine positive regard for others and a willingness to contribute to their welfare
- Prefer the taste of mystery and wonder over the trance of consumerism
- Welcome conscious community and want a safe place to, practice, grow and connect with fellow underground yogis
So glad you found us.
Love to meet you in person at a workshop, retreat, yoga teacher training, or just to chat over chai.
The Denver Yoga Underground began in 2003 at the request of dedicated students who wanted to study yoga as a holistic system. Over the years, a diversity of people, seeking education outside of a studio, found a welcome refuge in DYU.
Today we specialize in grassroots Pay What You Can workshops, accessible retreats and our signature yoga teacher training, for the outlier yogi.
Derik Eselius ~ 720.934.6934
Sixth Ave. UCC 3250 E. 6th Ave