DENVER YOGA UNDERGROUND
Classical yoga teacher training &
workshops in service of good
You searched “Yoga in Denver” and we came up. Maybe you caught word of Denver Yoga Underground on the street. Or perhaps you want to be an instructor, and came to research our yoga teacher training.
Others come here to sign up for one of our Pay What You Can workshops or retreats. One thing is fairly certain, your definitely want more than “just the asana”.
You already know that yoga is more of a spiritual discipline than a curated IG shot. A mirror and a clever soundtrack are not the soul of your practice.
Chances are pretty good you value yoga as a holistic system, have reverence for its spiritual heritage, and appreciate community outreach.
Welcome to Denver Yoga Underground.
Denver Yoga Underground is the road less traveled:
- Practice in a welcoming and low key environment with like minded, yet diverse group of peers
- Study teachings that are rooted in history and tradition
- Deepen as a student and teacher of yoga
- Agents of Good Awards for Social Workers and School Teachers for Yoga Teacher Training
- New to Denver? Looking for your yoga tribe? You may have just found it.
Just a bit about me:
My name is Derik Eselius. I founded Denver Yoga Underground back in 2003 at the request of students who wanted to take a deep dive.
Personally, I was introduced to yoga in 1991 while on a rogue trip to India right after highschool. I learned classical practices (asana, pranayama, meditation, fasting, silence and more) and had life changing experiences. Insight number one:
“I had no idea that it was possible to feel this good!”
My life path was set.
Over the ensuing decades, I studied a great deal of asana with world renowned teachers and with a few home-grown favorites as well. Namaste Perry! I’ve also completed multiple 200 hour and 300 hour yoga teacher trainings with globally recognized instructors.
All of that aside, meditation has always been the most dear to me–the truest friend. I’m also a family man who fosters peace and love in our home.
The Denver Yoga Underground is a reflection of my best understanding of how to share classical yoga in contemporary society in a way that is both equitable and sustainable.
Here’s how we do it:
- Community & Celebration
- o Holiday celebrations
o Open houses
o Blog & video
- Two to Three Hr. Workshops
- o Gong baths
o Partner events
o Yoga teacher clinics
o Classic yoga study
- Workshops & Retreats
- o Guest teachers
o Mountain retreats
o Continuing ed.
o Classic yoga study
o Leading content
- Yoga Teacher Training
- o Premier offering
o Seasoned teachers
o Learn to teach
The Denver Yoga Underground is a safe and welcoming haven for people who:
- Are dedicated to the journey
- Open to self-discovery and spiritual growth
- Want to become more integrated and to live more skillfully in the world
- Have genuine positive regard for others and a willingness to contribute to their welfare
- Prefer the taste of mystery and wonder over the trance of consumerism
- Welcome conscious community and want a safe place to, practice, grow and connect with fellow underground yogis
So glad you found us.
Love to meet you in person at a workshop, retreat, yoga teacher training, or just to chat over chai.