Giving in a way that promotes mindfulness take some intention.
It’s the Holiday season. So it’s just natural to be in a state of gratitude and celebration. Our focus is on family, friends….and gift giving. We also find ourselves in the throws of marketing, advertising and frivolous consumption.
How can we remain mindful in this crazy time of year and even in the way we give gifts? While it takes some intention and maybe a bit of planning, it’s possible to give gifts in a mindful manner.
This great article by LC Yoga talks about what mindful gifts are and even gives us step-by-step instruction on how to make gift giving a bit more meaningful.
6 Tips for Mindful Gift Giving
- Give to Yourself First – Stay grounded, eliminate stress, don’t neglect your practice
- Plan Ahead – Start early, think things through
- Give Presents of Presence – create opportunities for connection, spend time together
- Share from the Heart – share stories and memories
- Personalize It – Making your gift customized
- Create Mindful Traditions – Things you can look forward to every year
To read the full article, click here.
“A Taste of Axis” 200-Hr. Open House Events
Jan. 7 & Jan. 21
Come find out more about Axis Yoga’s ongoing yoga teacher trainings. This will be a great opportunity to experience a class, meet graduates, get your questions answered and get a taste of what Axis is all about! Click here for more information.
9:30am – 11:00am
Sixth Ave. UCC – Upstairs
3250 E. 6th Ave, Denver – 80206
Free & Open to the Pubic