NICARAGUA YOGA RETREAT &
Five days of yoga and connection
to the people, food & land that sustains us
with Beth Sanchez & Derik Eselius
Fri. July 28th – Wed. Aug. 2nd, 2023
Dharma Shala Nicaragua – El Carrizal, Nicaragua
Join us for a 5-day yoga retreat and local cultural immersion experience in Southwest Nicaragua. Gather at a perma-culture farm and dedicated yoga space to practice in-depth, traditional hatha yoga and meditation.
Cultivate respectful relationship with, and education about, native land, people, food, history, and customs. Includes local cooking experience and ample time to relax by the pool, hike local trails, read, connect with fellow students, float in the ocean, and rest in a hammock.
Established by Denver Yogis, Dharma Shala Nicaragua is an unpretentious permaculture farm and retreat destination, co-created with local Nicaraguans. They are dedicated to producing healthy food, yogic values, togetherness, and sustainability.
TWICE DAILY YOGA PRACTICE:
- Restorative & hatha asana
- Pranayama, chanting & song
- Sunrise or sunset meditations
ACCOMODATION, CULTURAL ENRICHMENT & ACTIVITIES:
- Group shuttle from Liberia Costa Rica to Dharma Shala (apr. 2.5 hrs)
- Simple accommodation (options below)
- Delicious vegetarian meals
- Arranged half-day catamaran and beach excursion
- Day trip to historic colonial city, Granada
- Farm tour and local permaculture teachings
- Heritage cuisine class with local farmer and chef
- One complimentary massage
A FEW THINGS ABOUT TRANSPORTATION
- Participants are responsible for securing their flight. Direct flights are 7-9 hours from Denver to Liberia, Costa Rica and cost $800-1,200 (Recommended flight, researched and booked by Derik & Beth).
- Our group shuttle leaves Liberia at 3pm on July 28th and goes directly to Dharma Shala. Participants are responsible for shuttle costs after that time (about $150), though we can help with finding the appropriate ride.
COST – FAIR MARKET OR PAY WHAT YOU CAN!
Includes: retreat, ground transportation, lodging, guest presentations & excursions (see details above)
Option #1: Fair Market Value Upfront: Some people would rather just have it all settled before the retreat gets started.
- Triple Occupancy Accommodations: $1,100
- Double Occupancy Accommodations: $1350
- Single Occupancy Accommodations: $1,650
Option #2: Pay What You Can: PWYC is an equitable format that allows people to participate according to their means while honoring the commitment, and dedication of the teachers. Submit a baseline contribution (below) to secure your place, at the end of your retreat give any additional amount based on the value you received and your means.
- Triple Occupancy Accommodations: $849
- Double Occupancy Accommodations: $995
Limited to Just 14 Participants
To register: from the drop-down EVENT TYPE menu below select “RETREAT”, and “NICARAGUA YOGA RETREAT” will appear prominently.